Tuesday 17 June 2014

Under the influence


Yes indeed! This is the nastiest of winter lurgies. Not the flue, but a very bad chesty cough which went to my sinuses and got worse and worse. I have finished the antibiotics, the cough has all but gone but the sinus still plagues me. It's now over 2 weeks, ENOUGH! ENOUGH!
I banished myself to the spare room so as not to disturb Kerry during the nights and it's a very cosy single bed with a dofferent view looking westward through the shelter trees. This was actually a very pretty reflection of a sunrise.
As you can see from the front room. But that was all I enjoyed of that day.
There was a super sunny day before I got too bad so I thought the sun would do me good and set myself up for some stitching.
I am doilifying a very big linen shirt destined to be my studio smock. Such fun! Wanting to spread the drag of this large heavy doily I am stitching several circles in variegated thread.
Isn't it delicious ? It's actually a sashiko thread that doesn't split into six but served my purpose well.
This more or less the back. What else would you do with these odd doilies.
This was a tray doily that was edged in a very tacky nylon lace so I ripped it off and crocheted a new edge. I was very pleased with it. I cut off one end and slipped it up behind the big doily then decided it needed some words of encouragement so. " JUST DO IT". And that's what I am trying to do.
For a change of direction I rummaged in the little blue suitcase for some bright fabrics.
This is another project. Another op shop denim jacket. Oh! I forgot you have already seen the first step here. Well the titivating continues as the mood grabs me.
So a few hours of sun and stitch therapy passed with much pleasure.
Them the rains came the lurgy got nastier and nastier.
I lingered and languished and felt very sorry for myself. 
But yeah! Today there is hope! Still dosing myself with steam inhalations, heat packs, etc. but when Kerry was having a fight with his standard lamp and shade I was up and out to the studio. Switched on the heater and began a long planned project to doilify said lampshade. I have several to do, but what's my new motto. " JUST DO IT".
So I did. Well I made a start. Here is the old cover and tassels discarded without ceremony onto the floor. No time for clearing up now, we're DOING IT.

Move over sewing machine. Yes I know there are the patchwork blocks I'm supposed to be getting on with. But I have doilifying to do right now, Thankyou.
I have seen these creations but not instructions so I am winging it. Using a crochet thread and starting with a common type doily to set the starting point I'm just stitching around the wires catching the doily as I go. 
Well. One doily down and many more to go and much fun to be had, but I became quite exhausted from this spurt of activity so made my way back inside
To another little sofa project. I have been inspired by Dottie Angel to take up my knitting needles. She has started a little club, " Little knits for little ones" or something like that. Dottie Angel is aiming for a hope chest of little knits for future grandchildren. Well my grandchildren are adults now so I thought I would make little knits for charity starting with a fish and chips baby jumper for the aids babies in Africa. Hence the bright colours. It is sooo long since I last knitted but I have now set myself the task of making at least one item for these charities a month or maybe I should make it a fortnight. 
JUST DO IT TRILLS!!! 
Praise The Lord! I think I am almost better! Yeah!! 
Hope you are all well, love and blessings, Trills.xx














No comments:

Post a Comment