Thursday 16 August 2012

I think Ive got it

Yes I do I think I have got it now, even a profile photo of goosey loosey and some of my patchwork. Now lets enjoy a touch of spring. This is one of our fabulous Taiwan Cherries. The first to flower and the favourite nectar of our native Tui bird. You may be able to see them in the tree. I counted 8. They can actually get drunk and do indeed get very raucaous.
The lovely shed is my prayer retreat and Im sad to say I will be leaving It behind when we move down to the cottage and sell this house. I wonder what will become of it. Will children play in it. Will someone craft in it. I hope it doesnt just become someones dumping place. But now where will we be and what will I be doing.

Now this is where we have been living for 17yrs. Large 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms. We started with a bare paddock and as you can see its hard to see the house for the trees, my passion.
We are moving into this little 2bed 1 bath cottage built by my folks when we came here. It does have a large garage which became the shop my daughter and I had and now will become my studio. Everything is looking rather bare at present as we had a big clearout of the garden but I have plans.
We are looking back  at the huge garden and lots of work
taking the path through the woodland 
And tadaah. Wisteria Cottage as we will continue to call her. Imagine if you will, a large conservatory across the front of cottage. A rosey cottage garden and I rather fancy a little french courtyard in front of my studio that you can just see on the left.

Ill leave it at that today and hope to blog weekly and keep you up to date with our progress and my projects. I think that blogging will help keep me on my toes as I tend to procrastinate and drift from project to project. So I will leave you with this lovely image of one of our moggies. My boy Buffy.
Blessings to you all, and thanks for your encouragement. Trills

4 comments:

  1. I think it is a time of great change for you but I hope it is a time which gives peace,contentment and joy.
    Kindest Regards from Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for visiting me linda and your kind comments. yes the stress levels are high at present but im trying to keep my sights fixed on the vision ahead and taking time out regularly to craft and blog surf. so im off to visit you with my coffee. blessings trills.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by my blog- we are never to old to blog. My 6 grandchildren are always wanting to play games on my iPhone and I have to keep my iPad hidden. Your cottage sounds lovely I would love a studio. Have great fun with your iPad :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Trills, How wonderful to live somewhere long enough to see the trees you planted grow up around you. It's great to have a vision too of how you want your future home to be. Lots of home made goodies I expect!! Is the Tui bird the one with the white throat sack? Can't remember - you are lucky with the amazingly beautiful birds in New Zealand. Well done with persevering and learning to add photos - it took me a couple of attempts too so don't put yourself down. I still can't get any photos around my header but if we achieved everything at once life would be dull in future!! Thanks for stopping by my little blog. God bless, J9 x

    ReplyDelete