Monday 27 August 2012

The truth of it

Hi there from a sunny day down under. Thankyou all for your encouragement . Now I have a confession to make. I have browsed blogs showing lovely pretty workspaces and I went and looked in my studio that is taking shape and I thought I could take a few photos to show you. So here we go.

This is a pretty corner awith an old sewing machine that I havent used ever but it looks good 

And now this is my usual machine is the same pretty setting. I did decoupage the torso with Kaffe Fasset fabrics some years ago as a prop for our shop where we sold patchwork fabrics and notions in this same room.
Now there is a nice little pile of fabrics ready to be played with . 

And this is a comfy chair where I do indeed sit to dream of my french courtyard outside the window.but the reality and the truth of it all is.........

I am afraid this !  Yes a state of chaos exist in my lovely studio and I dont think it will ever get much better

Though having something to show for it would be good and I do have ideas for quilts that I want to get on with when we get properly shifted into the adjoining cottage.

Yes I tent to be an untidy Kiwi and I have way too much stuff. I have passed on a lot in various directions and will have to continue to do this for as DH loves to proclaim I have enough stuff to last me 3 lifetimes and he is probably right.

Now this is not a set up. I draped my newly finished ripple over the back of the sofa and put goosey and owl back is their usual place and Buffy was quick to take advantage of it. That is his back as he sleeps away the day is the sun. And the basket with my new ripple sits ready for me to carry on at days end when I sit down to watch tv and hooky time.

And around the garden I am enjoying my favourite daffodills with their orange cups.
And here are my pink bluebells. Yes I know. Well I dont know what happened but it has happened to quite a few and the real blue ones will be later to flower. I'll show you them then.
Bye for now and thanks for visiting me, Blessings, Trills

6 comments:

  1. Hi there,
    Thanks for visiting my blog - it's led me back to yours. And I like it here very much!!! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou so much carly. i am enjoying blogland and all the lovely talented and friendly folk . blessings, trills.:-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Trills,Wow Youve got an amazing crafty space,lucky girl! Love the torso you covered and lots of delicious looking fabrics to make lovely thing with.The ripple looks so lovely draped there. Love the Daffs and pink bluebells! gorgeous.
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend,blessings JulieXxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou julie. yes i am very lucky to have this great space and i hope i can do it justice with lots of production happening once we are settled in. just a few weeks now so its all go but today im off to catsit for my daughter up in the city just down the treelined road from a super bookshop. im looking forward to the break and the browse. blessings trills.xx:-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Trills, your studio looks pretty organised to me - lots of stuff, yes, but the creative potential with that stuff!! It's the thing of dreams!!! You sound so productive even though you're moving!! The new ripple looks bright and cheerful. It's funny to see your spring bulbs flowering over there. We had a very autumnal day today!! Good luck and rest up whilst you can!! J9 x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Trills, thanks for stopping at my blog and your lovely comment.Great! I like the look of everything you've got going on here
    :) I'd love to follow but couldn't see a 'following tool/icon..
    I am subscribing by email, anyway.
    I love your bright and sunny pics, can't wait to see what you do with your new, sweet home. It'll be good!
    Blessings to you and your family
    xx Alex, at Candlemas Cottage blogspot

    ReplyDelete