Saturday 2 March 2013

Hello again

 I have finally got myself into gear again after months of busyness and stresses with getting the house ready to sell . No, it hasn't sold yet so we are still up in the main house and have rented out the cottage in the meantime. And now you see the last photo taken of my lovely Buffy. Little did I know that a few days later he was to make his last visit to the vet. He now lies beneath a seedling cherry tree in the cottage garden.


We are now left with our two tabbies, Emmy and Casper and they are great mates.


 
 We now find ourselves is the midst of a very sunny summer and have managed a few days away in our bus, Emmylou. This was at Orua bay camp on the Awhitu peninsular not far from home but such a lovely place we were quite content to be not too far from home with all thats going on at the moment.

 Of course I took a hooky project and just loved my time under the tree in my lounger draped in one completed rug while working on number 2.

 We did swim and walked and at the far end of the beach found this jandel tree. Evidently a local artist started it and the novelty caught on and more and more were added. I love it.

 Yep! I love the quirky and quintessentially Kiwiana aspect of this work of art.

 Another angle looking back along the beach.

 Now this is my darling hubby on his favourite toy, just taking off on another tractor trek. Heading southward with some mates on their toys, each towing their sleeping accomadation with them.

 This is DHs  home away from home. All a man needs . Hes happy as Larry, whoever Larry is or was.

 A closer look. front left are a sack of spuds and a sack of onions from a local grower. They will hopefully be enough to feed the 20 or so guys who will be together with their toys making their way to Marakopa on the west coast.

 A kiss goodbye and hes on his way. See you next week honey. Have fun and stay safe.

 Meanwhile I do have a project or two on the go. This is another ripple rug. A very large one for our new bedroom when we finally move into the cottage.

 I have experimented with some fluffy yarn that was just the right colour but it is tricky to crochet with.

 Its very hard to see the loops to hook into . But slowly does it and it helps to have something white behind it .

 I also found this lovely soft goldy lemon to go with it too at a local garage sale. More about them in anothe post.

 The aim is that the rug will lie over the end of the bed which will be adorned with a new patchwork quilt with this as the main fabric. Don't you think they go well together.

Now I have exhausted myself. My aging computer is so slow and also needs a rest, so I will make one of my special coffees and retire to my favourite swing seat on the terrace where the nearby tree is now shading it and pat myself on the back for finally getting back to my blog.
Cheers everyone and thankyou for your encouragement. Blessings, Trills.

No comments:

Post a Comment