Monday 4 March 2013

Gala Booty

 I'mgoing back to Saturday now when my friends Janet and Rosemary and I went to a local school Gala. Janet is a garage sale queen and I tag along sometimes but there was none this morning and the Gala was advertising a white elephant stall which turned out to be their whole school hall filled with wonders that others no longer wanted. Now here is my haul. 2 pictures of maps, one of Europe and the other an olde world one. 2 chintz feather comforters and lets take a closer look

 An old picnic basket which I intend to line and use for my stitching, doilies to add to my collection, a couple of lampshades which I intend to do marvelous things to ( as in granny chic), A little vase, I think Chinese, but I just loved its 3 chubby legs and curly handles.
 Here's a closeup of the chintz comforter fabric. Isn't it sooo pretty. Somehow I will have to unpick them very carefully and I think outside as the feathers are already escaping through the holes.I only want the fabric.
 Did you notice this lovely item on the floor. A very charming  pincushion and thread holder. I'm thrilled with my booty.
 Now as I said I have a collection of doilies and especially lately I have combed many op shops and added to the hoard so I thought I would do a soak in nappy wash to hopefully remove any stains and cleanthem.
 A good idea to do it while DH away. My heart bleeds for the drought stricken lawn and indeed the whole country especially the farmers and their animals.
 One last look at my crooked clothesline full of loveliness. A tree fell on it some yearsago when hundreds of pine trees grew close to the house, but thats another story.
 More delicate ones I didn't want to put pegs on , I draped over the railing on a piece of toweling.
 And still more on a sheet over the clothes horse in the spare room.
 Such beautiful delicate things that someone sometime ago put a lot of time and talent into. I hope to put them to some wonderful purposes.
 Some are comercially made but they are all trasured by this maybe crazy gatherer. I have many plans and ideas. I just have to live several lifetimes.
Now after several hours of coping with my tempermental computer my lovely moggies and I with say goodbye for today. Till next time , blessings to all who drop by, Trills x

2 comments:

  1. How lovely to share in your adventures, hey I'm 64 also, we're not to old to blog we're in our prime lol. Also I've found I no longer feel guilty sitting sewing or knitting, people expect it of you so there's no, I really must go and get that job done before I sit down.

    What a lovely blog, I've only just found you, we'll done on using the feather wool for crochet, I have problems just knitting it. It looks perfect included in the blanket though.

    Peg x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Trills,its so lovely to have you back in blogland,Thankyou for your message the other day,i hope you got my reply?
    What a wonderful bounty of treasures you found :o)
    Take care,blessings to you,love juliexxx

    ReplyDelete