Sunday 3 March 2013

Blessings

 Following my last post as I reclined on my swing seat. I finished my coffee, looked at my watch and saw that it was nearly 3.30. Time to get going down to our local beach for a church gathering, and there they all were. A happy expectant crowd gathered for a baptism event. It was high tide but this beach is very shallow being on the inner Manukau Harbour. The safe beach for families. I'll take you to our other more dramatic beach another day.

 Nine young people were baptised in turn by Pastors Lloyd and Guy. Then It was Lillians turn.

 Dearest Lillian is in her 80s and a joy and blessing to our church family. She joined her Son and Daughter-in-law some years ago, from Wales and quickly became a member of our church family. As she was helped down the rough stone steps, I was reminded of a moment 45yrs ago when I sat there with my first Son Greg and dangled his 3mnth old feet in the water. In those days My Aunt and Uncle owned the motor camp just behind the park. The camp is still there but their quaint cottage has been replaced by a modern house. My Aunt is now 97yrs old and living in the neighbouring town in a retirement village. She only gave up driving a few years ago, bless her.

 Anyway, back to Lillian. With her mop cap on to preserve her hairdo she braved the water and received her baptism like a trouper, then raised her fist in triumph.
 Then they all gathered to share and celebrate with prayer
 and praise, and worship

Then a special word and gift from Pastor Amanda.
Now we may look a very casual group for a church and the Pastors young, but the Love and Spirit and fellowship are RICH. We are Cornerstone  Assembly of God church Waiuku, and we worship in a school hall, and join in activities in our own smaller building daily. I am so blessed to belong to this family. PLT
Blessings to you all, Trills

No comments:

Post a Comment