Wednesday 30 October 2013

Time flies

 Oh so fast don't they say when you're having fun. Now I ended my last blog with a mention of something exciting on my calendar and this was it. On Sat 12th I had the pleasure of joining a lovely group of ladies in the basement of Bread and Butter Letter on Krd where Sarah of Sew Love tea do had organised a workshop . As you can see we were greater with a large table piled high with all sorts of fabric and fibre goodies.
 We beavered away at making. The idea was to make zines from the fabrics and bits and bobs. There was such a range of stuff to choose from and as Sarah is a recycling and up cycling guru we were doing the environment a great service as we put our creative juices to work and interpreted the theme in our own way.
 You may already know about my obsession with doilies so when I saw this doily in amongst the array I pounced on it and that was me sorted. I had taken some of my own stuff and chose some fabric and lace to decorate my page with birds and thoughts. The embroidery reads Birds of a Feather and I have decided it will be the cover of a zine of sorts on this subject. You know, birds of a feather craft together, that sort of thing.
 Speaking of doilies it was time to deal with the increasing pile of said items that I have continued to gather from op shops. The more robust ones were pegged carefully on the line in the sun.
 The more delicate ones were spread on a large piece of towelling on the spare bed where the sun did its job and dried them beautifully. You can see my dear Casper keeping an eye on them. They look so pretty spread out like they would if made into a bedspread. Another idea .
 A closeup of their delicate loveliness.
 Just one pile dry and ready for a wet day when I might feel like doing some ironing.
 And then there were 6. I have not been in the lineup to show my blocks for the club project. What with all the packing and shifting I lost my momentum and I can't even say at this time where my blocks are.
 Margaret, who was guiding us and supplying the patterns had laid hers out and was showing us how to join them up. Oh well, maybe next year.
 Time out was another project day using leftovers from other set crafts we dabbled in our hearts desire.
 Some quilling on a tile.
 Some paper collage.
 An aray of crafty delight at the end. The circles are my dabbling at sewing them onto a calico bag. The circles were left over from my flower making day and some took the opportunity to make some more of these.
 Yet another project I am into is to transform this garage sale find of a crochet lampshade from goodness knows when. I remember in maybe the 70s. anyway I saw an idea in a house magazine and
 as I had this wonderful array of pretty buttons and beads I set to work. I chose shiny ones and glassy ones so they will reflect the light.
 Can you see what I can see. The possibility of a gloriously fantastical chandelier to hang in the hallway.
 As the days and weeks are passing I am taking delight in the growth of the leaves on these trees. Just looking out of the lounge window and embracing the beauty.
One of those trees is the Liquidamber. Another favourite of my with its fresh green summer robes which turn into a fantastic rich display in Autumn. And this is where I'll leave you today and hope to make it sooner rather than later when I next visit. Thankyou for dropping by and blessings, Trills

1 comment:

  1. looks like a lovely crafty day Trills with lots of lovely makes,xxx

    ReplyDelete