Monday 7 October 2013

Yesterday,Today and Tomorrow

 Well yesterday morning I was a bit like Casper and didn't want to get out of bed. The previous few days had left me exhausted and I had preclaimed this day for recovery

Then my swing seat beckoned. I just love my swing seat and the morning was lovely and sunny with just a light breeze so I  reclined and thought about the days just gone
 Friday our classic Triumph cars were part of a wedding fleet. After days of cleaning, polishing, and a new clutch for DH's we were proud to play our part in the bride and grooms big day. Mine is the one on the right
 and this is DH's . If you are an Aucklander you may recognise the building. Yes it is the old elephant house at Auck zoo which is now an events venue.
 The whole fleet.
Saturday we went to an 80th birthday lunch but I'm sorry I didnt take any photos of the lovely gardens at the venue. My phone said no.
 Sunday we were up very early but I dont think I can say bright. DH left 6.45 on his tractor towing his big trailer and embarked on the 2hr journey to Ambury park at Mangere for their yearly festival where he and his vintage tractor club would give rides all day. I left and hour later to join him and spend the day in the ticket booth. Wow what a busy day. The queues were endless but it was so good to see so many families out enjoying the day. I just managed to take these pics near the end when the crowds dwindled.
 This is my DH coming round for the last time, then it was packup time and the long journey back home. I beat him of course and he rolled up nearly 7pm. So hence were in recovery mode today.
 Now as ai recline here I am looking out at the surrounding trees and gardens. Its hard to believe that 20yrs ago this was all a bare paddock. It was my dream to plant a park and there it is. Mostly now in the new neighbours place but if I look behind me
 there are the trees and garden my Dad planted. Trees are my passion and I especially love deciduous trees and their new leaves when they are so fresh and tender. This bare looking scarlet oak I'm sure must be sprouting new leaves. Lets go and look
 Yes ! Just look at these beautiful delicate leaves and even some catkins
 This is one of 3 common acorn oaks which I love and were grown from acorns by friends of mine.
 and in its shade these lovely cinerarias
 Lets look more closely at that oak. Such a lovely fresh green. I love it.
 All about the gardens there are baby trees that have self seeded with the help of the birds and this Cherry will be allowed to stay. I'm not sure what sort it is yet
 Maybe its another one of these Awanui Cherries. We have 2 like this one at the gate.
 This is the gateway to our new home
 with a Copper Beech just coming into leaf. This was one of the first trees I planted nearly 20yrs ago but they are so slow growing that most other trees have overtaken it
 This was DH's dream, his large barn and luckily it is on the right side of the new fence and closed to our new home
 there it is. Our little cottage that my parents had built and enjoyed 7 happy years there. Then it became our daughters home for some years until she moved to the city. We also had a patchwork supplies shop in my Dads garage called Wisteria Cottage. That is now my studio, yeah!
 Just looking left over the fence and drinking in the beauty of these Abutilons. I'm planting some more in my new garden. I love their jewel like lantern flowers.
 I still have my Ginko tree and here are its baby leaves. I'm looking forward to keeping track of the trees through the seasons and spent a good while doing the rounds of the garden which was very restorative but I think this will do for today
I will be back tomorrow with the rest of them. It was time for a second large mug of frothy coffee of my favourite kind and more reclining . See you tomorrow,
blessings, Trills

No comments:

Post a Comment