Wednesday 12 February 2014

On the road 2

Hi there one and all. I have only realised today that my last post hadn't gone through so rebooted it today. This pic is from over a week ago at Akaroa. I just loved this place with its French flavour, little cottages and the Giants house. I will have to do a special post on that when I get home. In this pic I was up early so took my coffee out to the seats overlooking the harbour right where we had parked for the night. 
It was so amazing watching the rising sun
light up the hills over the water and slowly watch the day begin about me. Here is a peek at the Giants house, so named many years ago when it stood sentinel above the town and a little girl called it the Giants house because only a giant could live in such a big house.
Now it belongs to these giant works of art by the artist who lives here. The whole steep garden is a wonderland of these amazing creations among a beautiful garden.
I'll just show you a few now and do a special later.
Love the glorious colours.
And characters
And more characters and flowers.
And this wonderful scene on the verandaed. I' going to leave you with this taste in the hope this post goes through ASAP . At tis time and place we are cozied up at a camp in Invercargill, right at the bottom of the South Island. It is wet and windy so I have been catching some stitching time, and sorting the computer stuff. 
Hope this finds you all fine and dandy. Blessings, Trills.xx

1 comment:

  1. Awesome Trillian, thanks for keeping us up yo date. I am loving the surprises you finding along the way.

    ReplyDelete