Monday 4 August 2014

Time passes and time heals.

Can't believe its three weeks since my last post. It's been a challenging time as my mood took a deep dive after sooo long of being well. I have lived with a depressive mood disorder for over 25yrs but mostly manage to keep going with medical help. I have had to accept that I won't be travelling to UK on my own this year as planned due to my knee injuries. There is nothing to be done at present. The outcome of MRIs etc is that I have two very well worn knees with arthritis and they will need replacing in about 10yrs. This and the very nasty lurgy that took over a month before leaving was all my system could take and I found myself floundering. Well I've had enough of that so let's get on with all the other wonderful things life has to offer.
First of all, Spring is just around the corner.
My most favourite colour of the Iceland poppies that are starting to flower.
I've done a lot of weeding(good therapy) especially getting rid of the bushy thingy blocking the way of my cottage garden. Heavy digging ( especially good therapy ) then planning the planting.
Last week my daughter in law Louise and I went for a jaunt to an amazing garden center for some roses. Completing for now my Austin rose collection. Still to be planted next fine day.
Louise also left us this handsome fellow. A belated house warming gift from her and Russell. A great addition to this English cottage garden in the making.
Another token of Spring. My first golden Daff in my new garden.
More sunny little faces greeting this sunny break in our wet winter weather of late.
We've had glorious sunsets after nasty storms. Promising better days ahead.
The moggies catch their moments in the sun an soak it up in their lazy relaxed ways. Don't you just want to lay down there beside her.
The vegie garden is flourishing after a couple of run ins with marauding possums. Can't imagine why they eat rhubarb leaves.
But they were the only culprits we caught. There were several more leaves besides these chewed down to the stalks.
These are the broccoli that I have ever grown. Sooo exciting!
Inside, out of the rain I have had bursts of activity at the sewing machine.
Finally finishing my bright quilt blocks, then had a brash moment of sorting other brights to maybe add to the quilt.
But finally laid them out on our bed over an old sheet so I could pin the blocks to it to keep them in order for joining.
I juggled them around. With such a riot of colour I wanted to balance them. I think that's what I'll call the quilt. " Kaffe's Riot ".
See what I mean. A great game in juxtaposition. A luvly juvly word. J U X T A P O S I T I O N! Can you hear Miranda saying it.
Also had some cosy times on my corner of the couch stitching in the sun. Results to be revealed later.
Had a picture and mirror hanging day too. Such a relief to be able to tidy the spare room. Still some curtains to change yet.
This photo is of my parents on their wedding day, 1945. Dad had it blown up and coloured for their 50th wedding anniversary and my brother made the brass sign. That's a wee pic of him below and the bust is of some old ancestor, I'm ashamed to say, carved in ivory, but that must have been in the 18th century.
Kerry has almost finished a large garden/storage shed, then we will start on the new veranda. That is very exciting. Hopes of a great Xmas dooo to christen it.
And last but not least, I have been hooking a new ripple blanket from the oodles of yarn left over from the russet blanket. This is so relaxing and rythmic to do in the evenings. 
I will leave you with last nights gentle sunset sky following the showery day, but today has been glorious in spite of the forecast. And so I with spirits lifted will wish you blessings aplenty wherever you are. Love Trills.xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment