Friday 26 September 2014

Here There and Everywhere


Hello, at last! So many weeks have past, it seems a bit of a blurr till I trawl the photos. Some are still on my cell phone waiting to be transferred but I take most for my blog on my iPad, so I will make do with these today.
The big focus around home these days is the building of the new veranda. Kerry is a perfectionist and takes his time making sure everything is just right, plus the weather has caused many down days, but we look forward to lovely lazy summer days here by Christmas.
The moggies have kept a close eye on the proceedings, the deck being their favourite place to hand out they were quite put out when the old one was taken down so Kerry put these planks up so they could come and go through the ranch slider as usual.
Sometimes they kept whatch from a distance.

They conferred together quite a bit and gave advice regularly.
As things progressed they enjoyed an elevated view.
And on wet days they watched and waited with us for the sun to shine again.
Of course it did, which was also enjoyed by the garden as the colours of Spring have spread through my small patch. I am soooo thrilled with how my cottage garden is coming along.
I just love these colours of the Iceland poppies and Fresias.
The newly planted end is developing nicely and I am excited to see all my new roses start to flower.
This gaggle of fine ladies had gathered here one night to browse the six bins of fabric I was selling in a garage sale. Yes! I had a clear out!! Ouch!! It was hard but needed to be done so I could sort my studio and get it into a more user friendly state. These ladies usually gather at Janet's each week to craft and patchwork and were wanting to build up their stash, so it was win win for all, followed by cupcakes made by the lovely Janet, and coffee. A jolly evening.
I have been up to all sorts of crafty stuff. Some Weeks I now go to Cherie's for wine and craft nights and this was the first one. We decorated boxes with all sorts of wonderful stuff. Great fun. You can see the great variety.
That's mine at back on the left.
The following week it was canvas with mixed media flowers. Luvly juvly fun.
Mines the right bottom one. I will be doing more of this at home.
This week we made. Nope! I'll keep that for next time as photos are on phone.
Our grandson Joe turned 21. Here is Mum Loise getting advice on lighting the candles from Joe, Dad Russell and big brother Ben on right.
It was an awesome day after a wet week and everyone enjoyed the warmth of the Spring sunshine.
A great get together of the two families.
Family photos were a must. This is our wonderful little group. Such an awesome day.
We are a casual fun loving family and this was Joes choice of cake. Yeah! Joe!
I have op shopped of course. Enjoying seeing these old sheets etc on the line. The doilies will wait for better weather, but they are mounting up.
I kid you not.All will be revealed eventually. Maybe this is why I needed the garage sale, which went well by the way with Janet and Steph joining me with there goods to sell. Of course we found goodies to swap from each other's tables too. Big sigh!!
But you must admit this is a grand find. Such awesome fabric in this old sheet.
My latest crochet blanket was finished with the help of
This amazing humongous ball of lovely golden yellow yarn. 400gms. Should last a while.
Last weekend we hosted a crowd of tractor folks as they supped here, visited ours and other sheds in our neighbourhood.
It was a showery day but everyone just got on with it. The guys on barbecue duty, ladies on salads etc.
This is the chuck wago which goes wherever there is a gathering but the barbie was letting them down.
Then a thunderstorm broke just as lunch was served so we all crammed into the garage. Almost 50 of us. What a hoot. All good hearted with good reports of a great day had by all.
And last but not least my Tadaaahh! Yes I have finished the lampshade. Yeah! Just in time for our quilt show next week. I am on the organising crew so stress levels are up there. But I did it. I managed to get this post done. I've missed quite a bit out of the goings on lately, like visits to a major craft show in Hamilton, an outing in Emmylou to a beach. More next time. 
Hope all you dear readers are happy in you lives. Bye for now and many blessings, Trills.xx




























3 comments:

  1. Hi Trills ,lovely post. I enjoyed seeing your spring flowers coming through , so pretty. Loved the craft boxes you all made too. I hope that you are keeping well and that your knee is all better? Take care,best wishes JulieXxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, thanks for calling by. I did what I was thinking was a reply but it was in comment mode. Daaahhh!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for dropping by Julie. So great to have you back in blogland. Wish I could jazz up my blog site. Need some lessons. Knees are ok so hope to get to UK next August, September with hubby. Thanks again for your kind comments, blessings, Trills.xx

    ReplyDelete