Friday 19 December 2014

Nasturtiums

I've got it right this time. My spell check just didn't get where I was going before. 
Wandering about the garden, as you've probable guessed is a favourite pastime of mine, I was drawn to our straggly Nasturtium population.
Here in NZ it only takes one seed or as in my case one special hybrid plant and before you can spell the word Nasturtium there is a population explosion 

In more corners than you ever thought you had.

Their glowing colours brighten areas you had cast aside for "the proper garden".

Their tendrils sneak along the ground. Even the driest doesn't deter them in their quest to spread their joyfulness.


This baren little corner looks like it needs some Nasturtium magic, says the wandering seed pod.

I think I'd like the company of pumpkins, says another.

I think my orange glow will go well with the blue Highdranger. I'll just burst up through the middle and say Boo! It's me! You thought you had weeded us all out of this patch. Ha Ha!

Some like climbing trees.

Some try to disguise themselves in the hedge. "Yes it does have flowers, you see".
And others just know that if they drape themselves seductively over a wood pile they will tug at my heart strings and brighten my day, and cause me to grab my iPad to go clickety click and weave a special tribute to THE NASTURTIUM .
Now my iPad knows what I am about and I only have to begin with an N and there it is.
NASTURTIUMS!
Blessings, Trills xx









No comments:

Post a Comment