Monday 16 March 2015

Ahhh! Something normal.

I am welcoming a normal day after much goings on, and more coming up, but for today I can do something I haven't been able to do since October. Yes! I know! Sooo long ago now, and this morning has dawned fine and dandy after the remnants of cyclone Pam passed over yesterday.
We got off very lightly, being on the West coast, but we had battened down the hatches and stripped the veranda of shade sails etc, so here I sit at 7am out in the open. It is getting cooler in the mornings, necessitating socks , but I do love to watch the day break.
I was sooo excited about today's activities, so Yesterday I go to and decided to sort my blue suitcase of stitchery dooos, ready to take.

Can you believe it hold sooo much stuff. All essential I assure you! 
Hexie papers of various sizes, fabrics, and bags of embellishing bits and bobs.
More fabrics.
Many WIPS. A girls got to have a choice according to mood on the day.
Looking much better and ready to go.
But I think I need this other sewing basket as well. It's holding more WIPS and the buttons I'm thinking I might use. True!
So! Let's be off to our village quilt group meeting. So lovely to see all the girls again. This is just one table, minus the early leavers. There were about 20 today.
We had a demo on mod podging serviette flowers onto fabric. Very effective. That's a food cover with lemons printed on with this method.
Lesly was doing this glorious embroidery. I'm sure she said she bought it in Hungary, years ago.
Bev is still stitching these wavy stars that I made the pattern for back when we had the shop.
Quiet stitching, chatting, sharing, caring, and lots of laughs.
Ooooh soooo goood to be back.
Joyce won the block of the month. Of course I am not up to date with this and won't be able to be for some months with our travel plans. 
I am looking forward to us taking off in the bus for a couple of weeks up North, from the 29th then our Alaskan cruise mid May, but I am also looking forward to being settled at home again and getting back into our normal patterns again.
I have doily projects aplenty cramming my mind.
Not to mention crochet projects to finish and begin. This is my super nova mandala that I have actually finished and took to the meeting today for show and tell, along with my Dottie Angel apron I showed a while ago. I am so thrilled with this, and there is more in the wind.
I will leave you here today dear friends and wish you happiness in all you are doing.
Blessings and love, Trills.xxx


















2 comments:

  1. Yummy, yummy, yummy - thank you Trillian for the beautiful images and pictures of the club on a club day. Loving the socks and the blue suitcase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue. I found the suitcase on the side of the road in an inorganic collection. It's a pity they're stopping these. Cheers,xxx

      Delete