Monday 13 April 2015

Crazy days and holidays



It has been too long my friends. Far too long! But at last I am back in blogland. I have ventured in Instagram land and do enjoy the one pic and a caption plus the interaction with others. So many interesting, creative and talented people out there. So let's crack on here.

The weekend following my last post was very busy with the vintage harvest festival, organised by our tractor club and with Kerry being Vice President we were heavily committed in preparations and the running of the event.


Tractor pulls to test the strength of the old tractors were fun to watch.

Genuine horse power is always popular.
The old Foden steam truck was a great attraction.
There is always a great show of the stationary engines.
The scones cooked by this gentleman on the old coal ranges were delicious.
And the big band and singer filled the air with nostalgic music.
I was kept busy a lot of the time keeping our men fed between their stints on the harvesting machines which I didn't get near
But I did manage to visit the lovely Maureen and her colourful stall of clothes. She drives her very big bus to the various shows, selling her wares.
The jacket on the left is one that Maureen embellished with doilies, and the one next to it is from Tibet. Interesting layers of tee shirting cut and patched to great effect.
Yes! Of course I bought something.
This awesome patched skirt which I think will look very good with tan boots for winter. 
But there was still some heat in the days and after all the frenetic busyness of recent times we were due for a holiday, so the following weekend we set off.
Doesn't this look sooo good. Our campsite at Uretiti, just South of Whangarei. We travelled right to the cape but silly me, I left my iPad connections at home and didn't get my wifi thingy boosted so after a few days I was down to my phone and camera.
But not before I had managed to capture some super sunsets.

Moon rises.
Stunning beach scenery.
Cool evening strolls.
And stunning sunrises. There is soo much more I want to share so I will be back very shortly.
I'll let this lot process then be back with another installment. Bye for now, 
Love and blessings, Trills, xx





















2 comments:

  1. I can so see you in this skirt - well done on a fabulous purchase. Isn't it wonderful to see all those machines of yesteryear so lovingly displayed.
    God bless, Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great weekend, but we do wonder who will take these machines over and look after them when this group of ageing blokes move on. Lovely to hear from you.xxx

      Delete