Friday 11 March 2016

A day of hours


It is now 10.30 pm and this day is nearly over for me. Hubby left in light rain which left its touch on these Munstead Wood roses. Nearing the end of the Summer it's special to capture these joys.
I had decided to pace this day in hours. 

Beginning with an hour with God in our little corner and I have written a post on my other blog, trillswalk, if you are interested.


I decided the next hour would be spent sewing. Endeavoring to finish this project.


After the hour, I was very satisfied with my progress and seeing the pins back in the pincushion.
But now it's lunchtime.


The rain was long gone so the veranda beckoned. All set for another hour of relaxing with good food and a casual read.


My lunch is usually much the same but I've treated myself to " anarrrrf" of ciderrrr. Only a small one as I don't want to impair my abilities for the following hours.

I was enjoying a read of this awesome mag. Directed mainly at younger folks, but I really enjoy the articles in their fresh approach.


This article by artist Nabil Sabio Azadi inspired me being as he was making some journals for travelers.
It was the inspiration for my next hour.


I was eager to do some journaling, and now on this subject of being a " LIFE TRAVELLER" so that's where I spent the next hour and made a start on my first page on this subject. Leaving it to dry...


Returning to the sewing table and interviewing doilies for the rest of the project.


There is no shortage of supplies in the doily cupboard. You may wonder where the leftovers will go.


No problemo! All tucked away again as another hour passed.

This is the project. A cover for the seat of my armchair.


Last Winter we invested in 2 new Lazyboy chairs to replace a very old saggy sofa. I put these wool rugs over the seats to protect and for comfort, but come the hot weather I found mine uncomfortable.

I found this patchwork throw made by my Mum many years ago, but wanted to make something of my own.


So here we are so far. Everything in place and mainly safely machined but there is some hand stitching need, so that is a task for the evening.


Late afternoon called for a treat of baked pear and ice cream on the veranda again, with Daphne's Diary this time. Another awesome mag. I've cut down a lot on mags, but this is a keeper.

I also spent some time blissfully indulging in all the delicious delights of my package from Jessie Chorley. Such mouth watering goodies. I even used a wee bit in my journal page. 


Now it is late. I have supped very simply, and now it is time to put down my needle and thread and say good nite . Tomorrow will be much different with my daughter coming to do some work with the stuff she has stored with us. It will be good in a different way to today. This day of hours has been such good medicine and a huge blessing. 
I hope your day and the hours it held was a blessing for you too.
Love Trills xxxxx



















No comments:

Post a Comment