Friday 17 January 2014

I'm glad I'm not a man

Yes indeed I am very happy in my woman skin with my woman mind and woman's world. Here is my man Kerry whom I love dearly but I would never wish to change places with him. Here, he is in his manly element in his man shed doing man things.
These are his man tools and bits and bobs. So metally and dirty, yuck. I do appreciate all that he does with his stuff and his inventive talents and am only too happy to lend a hand at times.
But mainly I prefer my woman's shed in all it's amazingly cluttered and disordered glory. Yes I know it looks as though I need to be going to Hoarders anonymous but it is in transition at the moment since moving down from the other house. Well that's my excuse. As you can see I certainly haven't rushed around tidying to show you.
This is the truth of it. Fabric and stuff in grand disarray. Ideas drop into my mind and I start rummaging about interviewing fabrics and whatnot for said idea then along comes another idea and off I go again rummaging. I love that word rummage. RUMMAGE!! Now I feel like Miranda, R U M M A G E !!! 
I wouldn't dare rummage in the man shed and Kerry is not at all keen to enter my shed for fear of falling foul over something. 
Kerry's treasure overflows his shed with 2 containers full and this working tractor between them
And these 2 old tractors waiting to be made into one good one under a tarpaulin alongside the containers. So there is another shed on the drawing board to go where the containers are.
There is not a lot of room left in here with the bus, the triumph car set to be a rally car one day, the spare motor for the bus,
The chassis of an Austin 7 destined to be a special one day,
The Lister stationary engine. A toy that comes out for shows and of course the 1938 Lanz Bulldog that iv'e mislaid the pic of but is very special and deserves its own post.
Meanwhile, my collection of lampshades await transformation with doilies or beads
Like this one still waiting to be finished.
Another suitcase that begs to be recovered, I think in fabrics.
Box upon box of fabrics old and not so old left from the shop. I sift through and sell or pass some on at times as well as adding more to the collection. I gather men's old ties, old shirts, old velvet sand clothes from op shops made from interesting fabrics, scarves and of course doilies and laces etc.
Then there are the books and magazines and other craft stuff.
Kerry has his memorabilia hanging along the loft railing
His old radio, always tuned into Coast radio and his very old telephone that he is very reluctant to change.
And one pinup. Yes, but that's ok because that is me. Yep! In all my glory, in my singing days and a photo shoot with this extra pic for Kerry. I am flattered that he keeps it.
As for me, I have my little corner for prayer and quiet times with God.
Come mid morning I like to have coffee with God reading, contemplating, and prayer. It doesn't happen every day, but it is always a special time that nourishes my soul.
Back in the man shed , magic is happening. Take a scrap of wood and some wiring and bits and bobs,
And take this plastic glass which was a wine to go cast off from a friends bin,
Some clever wiring to batteries and solar panels and
Taddah!! We have bedside lights. So dinky, so cute. He is so clever. I am so thrilled.
But I am still happier mending or shortening his shorts than wearing them. Yes, I am very happy with my lot and where we are together after 47yrs. We've weathered many storms and enjoyed some interesting adventures along the way and now in our retirement have plenty to keep us both busy and interested in life. I thank God daily for these many blessings and more. I hope my readers have much to be thankful for and many blessings in your lives. Love, Trills x

No comments:

Post a Comment