Monday 10 November 2014

Back tracking.

Hi there. If you were waiting for more from Mt Maunganui, well here we are at last. The reception was very weak down there so my post didn't go through until we were home. Life seems so hectic, I don't know where the days go, but here I am house sitting for Jin in Mt Eden again, so I am going to try and put the rest of our wonderful break away on record.
Friday we spent most of the day with Kerry's brother Rod and his wife Maree. We had a good catch up and a lovely lunch out.
Then Saturday broke with this awesome sunrise and blue skies. I was up early and keen to catch sight of the Sea Princess coming into port. Sister ship of the one we will be on in less than 2 weeks.
Over at the harbour side of the peninsular where it is sheltered the boats are at anchor.
I love these old fishing boats. That's the Tauranga port in the distance.
I set out along the track that circles around the mount. Such a glorious morning there were plenty of other folk walking or running along the track.
Rather large driftwood on the rocky shoreline below the track.
Can you see the shags in the overhanging Pohutakawa trees. One had just flown over me with a mouth full of twigs. It seems they are nesting up there and I have learned that the Pohutakawa is their favourite nesting tree, with the male bringing in the twigs for building and the female (of course ) designing and arranging the nest to her satisfaction. They will raise 2 young, mate for life, and often nest in the same place every time.
But back to the main purpose of my early walk, this looks promising. The Pilot boat returning to the harbour.
And now there goes the tug boat. I decided to take a seat and let the show unfold.
Then she appeared from around the corner. What a perfect morning to sail into this port.
I just sat there as she sailed serenely by, so close I could see the people on the top deck looking out.
I didn't follow her in but kept walking around the mount enjoying the spectacular views around every corner. I love views of sea, rocks, trees, and walking free in this beautiful place. Kerry plans to walk up to the top of the Mount later. I did that last time and now with my dickey knees I am content to take the low path.
Another love, the sun glinting on the water. I think we're nearly home.
Yes. Here we are.
Folks heading up or around the way I have come.
But I'm heading for breakfast.
It's so good to see Kerry relaxed. Bare feet is a sure sign.
That and a Beaded Wheels mag to read. What more could a man want. He's off to climb the mount and I will be off down the town looking for the op shops. Just till unch time. See you later.
Trills.xx

















No comments:

Post a Comment