Sunday 18 January 2015

A Dottie Angel apron.

I first met Dottie Angel in the book Granny Chic, that I did a post on some time ago. That book and the other book by Tif Fussel, Dottie Angel, are never far from me. They are sooo full of inspiration on upcycling, granny chic style, and doily crafting. Up until now I had no results from all my browsing and drooling and inspiration. Well this year is going to be different.

First was this crocheted jar cover from Dottie Angel, holding my small collection of vintage knitting needles.

AND!! TADDAAHH! A Dottie Angel apron. YEAH!

It was sooo goood to get busy with the sewing machine,( I haven't named mine yet), and stitching together the tea towel, doily, serviette, lace and old sheeting. 

The High Hopes was embroidered on by mio, as per the instruction and I like to think on this and the high hopes I have to make more projects from these books.

I don't have a chicken, or vintage scene, or the right camera for my shots, but I am thrilled with the results.


And I am very excited about the next project, to be revealed in time.

I have also been making some changes in my studio. Still an ongoing project.

I hope to do quite a few different crafts. Some from these books, and others from inspiration gathered elsewhere.


Like this little paper mâché doll I found in a thrift store. There was a tag to say it was inspired by somebody Arkel. Can't check on that just now. Maybe Julie. Yes that's it Julie Arkel. I must look her up. Sooo cute. Haven't named her yet either. 
I have ideas galore darting through my mind. More to be revealed.
Bye for now and blessings to you all. Love, Trills.xx









No comments:

Post a Comment