Monday 5 January 2015

A Quiet Day.

Ahh! The fun and hype of Christmas is past and after a couple of days away cat sitting I was eager to get some normality back into my life and home.

Firstly, after the breakfast regime and seeing Kerry off for a day of helping a tractor mate it was out to my little corner with a frothy coffee and some quality time with God. Sooo peaceful.

Sometimes I just sit and "BE" in his presence, sometimes we chat, sometimes I just listen,( should do that more often) , and sometimes I read my Bible. At present I am enjoying Ecclesiastes. A book that is often avoided due to its "all is meaningless" theme. But I am finding it fascinating and so applicable to these days and times. I smile often while reading, and nod my head in agreement. There is so much more than I expect, as always, so much wisdom. And as always I get carried away and almost missed the call from the washing machine.

Yes since the days have heated up with no rain about its time to collect the rinse water for the garden. I need more containers. This water will go on the garden tonight when it's cool with some from the tap as well.

I can't let my garden down after it has given me sooo much pleasure.

I stripped out the Sweetpeas last night so now the Dahlias can display their glory with freedom.
Loving these colours. I think I'll plant more next year.
Also loving the Russell Lupins. Such brilliant colours.
So the washing got done. Nothing special there, but I do love a line of clean washing on a warm dry day.

Time to tackle the inside or should I say bless the house as Lucy of Attic 24 calls it. Time to put away the Christmas settings and get back to normal. Maybe that's what I should have called this post. 
Let's start with the table.

First the flowers. I noticed yesterday that the Mombretia was flowering. A weed here now but I do love the colour. It and daisies bring back memories of a long time ago.

It would have been the early 60s and my  Aunt and Uncle had just moved to Waiuku. They were renting a very old wooden farmhouse before taking over the local motor camp. My Aunts sister picked me up for a trip out to visit them and help settle them in. Sister Enid was very crafty and disappeared outside, returning with a bunch just like this which she plonked in a preserving jar and Tadah! There on the rustic table, a jar of sunshine and joy. It has stuck with me all these years.

Now, that's better. My favourite table cloth, a couple of doilies, wild flowers in a green glass vase, fruit in a vintage bowl. Ahh! But this will not last! Oh no!

Let's add some of the usual residents of our table. Another small cloth to protect my favourite from thr print that rubs off the newspaper, soft table mats that won't bulge underneath our reading matter, the basket of our vitamins etc, reading glasses, and there is still some cake left under the old Tupperware.
Still, this is our normal, and a tidy normal. Ahhh!


Now for the tree. This branch from the hedge down below has served its purpose well. But all good things come to an end. And better things are before us.

Oohh! Yes! That's better.
Time for a break.

Time for lunch out on the veranda in my favourite swing seat, with my Daphne's Diary mag.

Oop! Casper jumped up and was insistent on a tit bit of cheese.
A lovely hour passed immersed in my mag and enjoying the veranda atmosphere. 
I have got a little out of sequence. The table and tree were done after lunch then after they were done-

It was time for a delicious refreshing treat of fresh pineapple. Such delight takes me back to our Tahitian holiday in 1997. More lovely memories.
Kerry returned after a job well done, and after a chinwag and cuppa I set to with the lawn mower. It was now 5 pm so much cooler and a lot of what I mow is under the trees. I do enjoy this task, being able to contemplate every corner of the garden with ideas flowing. It takes me about 45mins. 
After a simple dinner and the news it was outside again to water the garden while Kerry mowed his half of the lawns. Then after a freshen up in the shower

We sat outside with our Bailys and watched the moon rise. I reclined on the swing seat thinking it would be nice to sleep out here, but tonight our bed is calling, so I will look forward to tomorrow and more normality. This was a great day. 
I hope your days are as satisfying wherever you are. Blessings galore, love Trills.xx



























No comments:

Post a Comment