Friday 30 October 2015

A walk in the garden

Most of yesterday was taken up with traveling to the hospital clinics and Drs. Over the past few months I seem to have developed what is being loosely referred to as an Autoimune/Fibromyalgia thingy, as they continue to rule out other possibilities. 
We are very familiar with Fibromyalgia, our daughter have had it for many years though now thankfully almost free of it, so I am trying to push it aside or push through it depending on the day, and be as normal as possible.

So on returning home yesterday, And after a spell of feet up and refreshments, I took a stroll in our garden, so Spring green at the moment.


The wonderful blossoms of just a few weeks ago have flown on the wind and 


Now the last of my three grand beauties has awoken from its Winter slumber and is dressing in her green finery. This is the Scarlet Oak between the Cherry and the Liquidamber. Trees my Dad planted when they set up home here in this cottage nearly 20 yrs ago.


This wonderful Copper Beach was one of the first trees I planted in 1994 when we first shifted to our bare block of land. They are very slow growing compared to the 3 in the last pic. I have images in my mind of the magnificent ones I saw in UK. I'm so glad it is now center stage living down here now in the cottage.


Unlike so many other trees, now belonging to the new neighbors living in our old house next door. It has been hard sometimes, seeing an old favorite tree being cut down. They ring barked this Robinia Rosa that you can see flowering beautifully. I am chuckling to myself as I note his plans are thwarted, and hoping that now he sees its beauty revealed it will be given a reprieve.


Wandering among the trees in the dappled light is such a soothing blessed salve for mind and body.


I love these Abutilons that seen to love there spot under the branches of the trees, and the spot of purple cineraria sparkles among the bright contrasts.


I did have great ideas of a mini stumpery when these Poplars were felled, but alas, like many things, it has remained in the ideas basket. These big stumps began as 4 twigs that I stuck in the ground to just take root, then they would be replanted. Fast forward 20yrs they were a huge and becoming dangerous group which had to be dealt with. Now it has been suggested a small orchard could go here, the stumpery idea is pushed aside for this splendid idea, as I have yearned for an orchard.🍏🍑🍐🍊😍😍😍


Back out into the sunlight and I am delighting in my cottage garden as it flourishes with Spring growth. I watch eagerly each day for the first rose to bloom. The Iceland Poppies, and Tulips have been glorious, and the Aquilegia I planted last year are now flowering.


And I was so thrilled to see this brighter flower among them . They are such delicate pretty flowers, so much a part of the traditional cottage garden. I also found Shirly Poppy plants this year, so I am eagerly waiting for them to flower.


I took this pic a week ago from just below the Sweet Pea bed looking up towards where our new garden bench sits. A welcome addition to the garden. The Sweet Peas are now taking off, so O look forward to another fine show.


Newcomers to the garden have been some daisies among more Dahlias around the birdbath where I have extended the garden. This area with be a bit louder in colour.


Down the back paddock a neighbors bovines are mowing the grass for us.


And close to the house the pots are beginning to flourish.


I loved this wonderful cloud. What I would call perfeck.


After all that heavenly blessed garden therapy I think a toast is called for, so cheers! Here's to the gardens everywhere that delight the senses and soothe the soul. Blessings to you all, love Trills,xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment