Wednesday 28 October 2015

The Jean bag story

One day I had the notion to make a bag from an old pair of jeans. I chose a pair of op shop jeans and set to work, cutting off the legs, and decorating, embellishing, or as I like to call it, tittivating, using my vast resources of patchwork fabric.


This was the result and a great success it was.


I chose a granny chic theme with pretty fabrics and made pockets inside as well, and used the legs for the handles. It was a most trusty bag for a couple of years, but started to look a bit too shabby. Back when I made it I became so inspired that I was scouring the op shops for likely candidates for further bags with presents in mind.


I started these yellow jeans but got stuck on the tittivating, so this is as far as they hot.😏


And just look at these fabulous pants that didn't get very far either.😏😏


This iddy biddy skirt was already embroidered and I was determined that it would become my iPad carrier on a planned trip to UK.


I zip lined it with tartan fabric but before I could get the handle on my trip had to be cancelled when I buggered my knees.😢😢


Then I was inspired again when we were preparing for our Alaskan cruise and inland tour. I needed a good sized bag for the coach and train journeys and dug out a favorite old pair of jeans that I had hoped to wear again. Certainly roomy enough, and I got busy tittivating it as you can see, quite grandly. A bit too grand for me, I decided and didn't take it.


The backside I thought was suitably attired but didn't pass muster with either.

For the lining I used some op shop tartan pants. Maybe pjs, with voluminous pockets that I incorporated into the layout. They would be so good for hiding special cargo. Alas the bag was not finished and sits waiting for a rehash of the tittivating and handles.😉😉


These pretty jeans await their transformation.


As does one leg that was blessed with a very neat pocket. A small bag with one long handle me thinks and lined with this lovely pink gingham from an op shop shirt. They are another story.


Meanwhile, I am determined to keep up the momentum I found on finding a pair of linen jeans just last week. And look how far I've got. The lining is pinned in with pockets and being cream linen I thought it begged to be tittivate do in French shabby style. So here we are, with bits and bobs of this and that, some I showed yesterday.
There we are. The story so far. I must get busy with needle and thread. Bye for now
And blessings, Trills xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment