Monday 12 October 2015

How time flies

When you're having fun, as the saying goes, and there has been a lot of fun, like our Alaska trip in May/ June, but there have been troubles too, like Kerry needing to be fitted with a defibrillator, and health problems for me, with fun between times. I'm afraid I have been quite taken over by Instagram. I do like the interaction, but sometimes I've got more to say or tell or record for posterity so thought it a good idea to get back here, though I wish I could jazz up my site a bit. Any helpful suggestions most welcome.
I will tell about Alaska another day, and with just stay in the present for starters. 

Spring has sprung and the Cherry trees have been spectacular, holding their blossoms much longer than usual for more than a fortnight until now as the wind blows and the petals fly.

The Wisteria too, has been voluptuous and the perfume Devine. The bees have been having a grand time. I wonder what Cherry blossom, or Wisteria honey tastes like. With the warmer weather I am soooo looking forward to sitting outside to do stitching.


Yes I have been greatly inspired by the works I've seen on IG, and have met many very talented ladies there. So following examples have begun my own freedom stitching collage type thingy using up cycled fabrics, doilies, etc.


Lots of running stitches and back stitching when it's small stuff. This is taking Japanese Boro stitching and playing with it. Really enjoying the freedom. No rules and regulations, just doing my own thing, in fact I am quite addicted, finding it very relaxing.


The studio is still a crazy, crowded, but precious space, where the doilies multiply, along with the baskets and op shop buys.


The latest foray was just yesterday, and just one shop, but oh the treasures. This fantastic trunk. Don't you think it's awesome. It has a linen outer covering and is in not to bad condition. Just not sure where to put it.


Inside, some of the other treasures found. A linen shirt, doilies ( of course) a couple of aprons for the fabric, and yes, baskets. There were 2 other baskets that didn't fit in, but trotted down the street with me.


There's just these wee abrasions on the outside, which I'm reluctant to cover as they are part of the story. The labels say Salisbury to Auckland, but no dates to be seen. 


A little wear and tear on the inside. I do intend to reline it, just what with I haven't decided yet, but I am thrilled with these latest treasures. 


I will leave you today with this view of the garden which is filling up with spring growth and colour, once again a great delight and thrill to watch and tend. Hopefully the roof will go on the veranda very soon. Due to Kerry's new situation we are getting a builder friend to do this. There have been a few lifestyle changes but he is very positive. I'll show you his new toys one day soon.
In the meantime, blessing to all who may pass by, love Trills xx











No comments:

Post a Comment