Thursday 3 April 2014

Daddy's home

Emmy was so happy to see her Dad last night.
She showered him with affection and murmurs of love. All is well tonight.
Morning brings normality. I love seeing Emmy and Casper sharing their cat milk.
The sky today is promising rain and so is the forecast, but I'm not convinced so the rinse water from today's wash will go on the garden again, and I'm putting out the rugs and cushions again for our outdoor comfort.
Casper jumps on the swing seat so enthusiastically it swings violently and he has trouble balancing, poor boy. He decided a chair might be safer.
Now befor I go any further I must give you a reference for the mandala I made. I'm not accomplished enough with my blog to do a see here so please try ( made in k town.blogspot.co.uk ). Also winkieflash.nl. I hope you find it ok.
I was bucketing the wash water around the garden and headed under the trees to give those plants a drink and was a bit saddened by the sight. There is supposed to be a little green path through here but the birds have spread the mulch around everywhere.
Also there was a mass of leaves due to the dry weather rather than the Autumn as the leaves are only just beginning to colour.
There was obviously a need for my gumboots and some garden tools. 
An hour later with Kerry's help it was looking much better. I lost count of how many garden bags of leaves went over the bank. I'm a tad worried in case we get a stiff wind from the South and they all blow back again.
We also need to lift the canopy and prune a few branches.
No sooner said than done.
As I laid out the lunch the sky was still threatening but I was sceptical. We had about 6 drops as we sat there, but no, I wasn't going to rush and get the washing in. The afternoon was set aside for my doves and making a tutorial for them.
After the sewing machine part was done I set myself up on the deck under the cloudy sky while Kerry continued pruning. Those are two old tractors destined to be one good one, one day when he gets a break from all these trees.
The star of the tutorial finished.
Do you think there's a chance of rain. Time will tell but I'm not holding my breath. I'll post the tutorial tomorrow. Till then, blessings, and Thankyou for dropping by. Trills. Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment