Thursday 24 April 2014

Time Out.

I am so liking these images I've been collecting from face book. I needed something cheery to start this post as I am quite down in the dumps. Yes, my knee was much better and I was hopeful of being fit for my trip. Kerry was on his way up to take me to A&E again for review and while I was waiting for him it happened again. It was so stupid. I was just standing by the table and went to walk away an bang. So by the time Kerry arrived about 15 mins later I was not a happy bunny. I was in so much pain I could hardly move even with the crutches. What is going on with this knee. No firm answers at clinic so will have to wait until Mon and see my Dr in Waiuku and physio and take it from there.
Meanwhile I rest the days away on the little sofa surrounded by all I need.
But I am getting a bit bored . Even with my blanket.
And the doves, which may after all not be needed until September. That is the thought at this moment. I should postpone my UK trip till this knee is sorted proper.
The wool doesn't inspire me today.
I've eaten all the digestives!
Maybe my little blue suitcase can tempt me out of these doldrums. I'ts been sitting on the window seat since I arrived on the 11th. Very patient indeed.
Let's open it up and see what treasures it holds. Colourful fabrics. The doily cum embroidery project I started at a workshop last year.bags of bits and bobs.
Pretty lacy stuff for whatever I fancy. Some of them for the aforementioned project.
Now this perspective hexagon is what got me started on the patchwork path. I was hooked and most keen to be traditional about the process drawing around the template on brown paper to begin with then progressing to a master sheet of drawn hexies to be photo copied whenever I needed them. As you can see in the picture I have now taken to buying ready cut papers. So cheap and handy. 
A few weeks ago I showed you this project and promised a reveal later. Well I'm afraid I can't reveal because I left it at home. I'm most annoyed with myself.
This is a $1 denim jacket that I set about embellishing with soft pretty fabrics with the Dresden plate on the back and small hexies arranged elsewhere. I had another Op shop denim jacket that was a longer style and I thought might be suitable for the UK spring so that's what I am doing with the bright bigger hexies. 
Here are some of the unused ones so far. Maybe I could get some more ready. It looks like I've got more time now and it will be an Autumn jacket instead.
I'm using scraps left over from decoupaging the torso now in my studio.
Lets make a start and see if it stirs some enthusiasm for this quiet afternoon of enforced rest.
The little blue suitcase has saved the day.
Piper is most attentive. Can you see that caring almost sympathetic  look on her face. She is so sweet.
Of course there are times when I need to leave my corner for calls of nature and for sustenance.
What the heck. It maybe a bit early but I'm in the mood for some wine and crackers. It can do for my tea. I'm afraid to eat too much while sedentary. Yum!!
I will weather this little storm and look forward to the rainbow. Hope you are all in good fettle. Thankyou for visiting and blessings to you all. Love Trills. Xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment