Tuesday 1 April 2014

I've got the bug

Yeah! I have just made a mandala. Yep, there it is in all it's glory. 
After a lovely comment from Sue I checked out her blog and came across her mandala post and references so went looking. I have seen them before but never got around to it. Now my Round Tuit is a mandala, Yeah! 
I am still sitting among the debri of this exercise, but let's go back to this morning.
It was a very different view outside this morning. 
Let's brave the gloom and go and fetch the mail.
I find the misty surroundings quite beautiful.
Ahh! We made it.
Heading back the cottage looks a long way away.
A wee look around. The tiny shed there was once our dunny when we lived in the barn, in the bus, while building our house. It didn't sit there but has been shifted several times. No longer used traditionally but as storage for garden stuff though after it's latest shift last week I did consider turning it into a retreat with a thinking throne.mmmmm!
Time for breakfast and I won't let the fog turn me away from my new delight of having it on the deck though this morning calls for one of my op shop blankets.
Now down to the nitty gritty. Can you help.
As the hour passes I think it's getting thicker.
We're done, now I must get ready to go to quilt group.
It was a suitcase sale today and I didn't get myself together enough to take one but I can look.
Not much show and tell today, but Anne has this cushion with set in circles, a class we did a couple of years ago. My attempt is still unfinished in a box somewhere.
The camera doesn't do justice to the pretty pastels of this small quilt.
Susan had finished another beautiful quilt for a grandchild.
These are two results from a class. I didn't't even try this one but I think they are amazing.
We stitch, knit for charity, share ideas, 
Have lots of laughs, and encourage one another.
I still get a kick out of seeing folks stitching these curvy stars that I drew up when we had the shop.
This is my project today. I'll show its purpose soon. I am an English paper piecing fan, and started these hexies while on our trip. Finally I had to bite the bullet and make my way to the med centre for my flue shot, but not before I'd filled my boot with Anne's cast off geographical mags. Now where shall I put them.
At least  I don't have to squirrel them secretly past Kerry as he is on a little trip up north tracking down parts for the bus motor. Yep, I'm bachetting.
Pub lunching on my own. I'm fine with all this. After all I'm off to UK on my own for 2 months and it will be my 6th time. We're cool, enjoying our life together and our breaks apart. He was a shift worker for over 30 yrs so I'm used to nights alone.
I have the cats of course, 
And my crafts. This is my corner of the sofa, surrounded by books, and yarns, etc.
This is my latest crochet project. A stripy-as- we-go. From not your average crochet blog. It's an Autumn blankie, but it was interrupted by the mandala bug this arvo. I'm eager to try a larger one to put on a blanket cushion. I'm thinking I have some interesting handmade doilies in my stash that I might copy, I just have to find them. Tomorrow's another day. Bye for now, and thanks for dropping by. Blessings, Trills.xx


4 comments:

  1. Well Hello Trills.....thank you so much for your visits and comments! What a great quilting group you have there, perhaps that's what I need, build my confidence, it's a pity you're so far away! Fantastic crochet :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ada, lovely to have you drop by. I'm sure there will be a quilt group in your area. Ask around, maybe at a quilt store. I'm sure you will be welcomed with open arms. It would be lovely to have you near here but I'm afraid there is a lack of resources liKe vintage sheets. Blessings, Trills.xx

      Delete
  2. Oh ... I am so happy I found my way to your blog ... it is lovely! Will you share where you got the instructions for the crocheted mandala ... love it and your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely to have you drop in and Thankyou so much for your kind comments. I will put the contacts on my next post. Blessings, Trills.xx

      Delete