Sunday 20 April 2014

Hiccups

Oops! This is not a good look for someone about to fly to UK for 2 months.
No indeedy. That is one fat knee and it happened too easily. Just a little twist and ouch, I've torn the manisca cartilage or something like that. All the walking and climbing I've done lately and this happens just on the path outside here. Here's hoping it heals quickly.
I'm doing what the Dr told me and resting it up with cold packs etc. so I have set myself up on the sofa with my crochet, books, 
The few doves left to finish
And everything else I might need to hand so I need get up as little as possible.
My car had a close call too. We had a storm that brought down this very large branch of the tree just outside and yes that is my classic car.
It just missed, thank goodness and the council men were soon on the scene and had it all cleaned up in a jiffy. The only damage was to the old fence, so I took photos for the landlord.
Anyway, my car is safe even if I can't drive at the moment, and I am in a state of forced rest so what better than to review my trip tp Spotlight. Now foe those on foreign parts Spotlight is our supermarket for all things crafty plus plus.
Fabrics galore of all kinds. Is your mouth watering.
I rather fancy that tape measure fabric for a machine cover, or maybe a sewing bag.
Look at this my crochet friends. This is a drill weight fabric. Great for a bag to carry crochet projects.
I'm a real fan of elephants, so I'll put this on my list for next time. Today I am here to get some more stuffing for my doves so I am trying very hard to resist temptation keeping in mind my up coming holiday.
As usual I am drawn to bright and colourful.
These are all vintage icon fabrics. I haven't been to SPLT for over a year and I am blown away by the new ranges available.
Just look at all those glorious quilting fabrics. My tongue is hanging out.
Cozy winter snuggle fabrics in delightful patterns. Never mind the children, I'd love a blanky in that owl pattern.
Now that's what I came for. Now I can go home. Just kidding, the excitement and temptation is too much.
I mean, look at those yarns. I just love the multi coloured ones. They look so good in a ripple blanket, but this is chunky. Now what could I make with that.
Sooo many choices, 
Soooo many colours. These are a cotton blend and so lovely to work with.
The crafty area with heaps of shapes, boxes, etc for painting or decoupage. Must put these on my list.
These look interesting. Add them to the list.
These patterned papers for scrap booking etc stir up the imagination. I have plans for some of these. On the list they go.
Now were into the curtain dept and I was very pleasantly surprised to see these French style prints in linen look cotton fabric.
These matching cottons, so pretty.
Some corners get a bit messy. That's Spotlight.
Sooo many crafty and homemaking stuff.
A glorious array of silk flowers.can never feel miserably among these.
Drawn to the rainbow colours again, I'm wondering where I could put a collection like this.
Now this little chap is my favourite wee dog. Isn't it an awesome cushion. Now I am leaving the store now and I haven't even taken you through the buttons, threads, and notions etc. We'll come again.
I was really restrained. These are my purchases apart from the bag of stuffing. 3 balls of wool for my Autumn blanket. And a rag rug for the bath mat. I find these most satisfactory and colourful.
This delightful candle in its pretty box is a gift for a friend I'm visiting while up here.
Now it's time to settle into some hooky time with Piper close by my side. Hope you enjoyed window shopping with me and hope you are having a lovely Easter. Blessings and love, Trills.xx

No comments:

Post a Comment