Saturday 21 February 2015

Another days play.

I do looove it when I wake early and can embrace the awakening day. I have to wake naturally for this feeling. An alarm would not work. A forced waking makes for a very sluggish start to the day, rather like a hangover. Yes, I've been there.
But not today. I took my cuppa out to the swing seat where the garden had a lovely light that sharpened the colours, but the iPad camera always wants to brighten things. The cicadas were funny. Just waking up they seemed drunk, flying into things and not seeming to be able to get their bearings.
Of course, as the day grew warmer they had found their bearings and their voices, filling the air with their raucous sound. This is the extent of my little cottage garden which is such a joy. It's just as well it's not any bigger as we need rain badly to fill our tanks, so I am still saving my washing water for the garden.
And today was one of those days. Yesterday I gathered a heap of my thrifted doilies etc and set them to soak in nappy wash over night. So here we have the first load, having gone through a rinse cycle and spin with the water collected and another general load on its way. That should give me a good amount for tonight's watering.
Finally, all done. You see that green check table cloth. I remember it from when I was very young. It would have been the late 40s early 50s. YES!! I KNOW!! I am getting older! But most important, this cloth has lasted well. Irish linen, I think, and just think of the stories it could tell of the family at table over all those years. I still use it. There are serviettes too, but I have plans for them.
Another lot of doilies put to soak, making good use of the same solution. That will be Mondays job as tomorrow I am off to visit Kerry on his trek, because!! It is his 70th birthday!! YES!! I KNOW!!
I've made a cake. Nothing flash. I'm afraid I'm not a flash baker, but a very lazy one, finding these packets sooo easy to use. We are having a big DOOO!! In a couple of weeks and dear Janet has offered to make a cake for that, bless her.
Meanwhile I have found a place for the green glass set, all nice and clean and shiny.
And the strawberry collection is safely packed in one of my many baskets until the shelves are up.
The pots are nice and shiny and ready to go in the bus.
And I've had a wee rearrange of the top shelf of these shelves, and put the excess in a cupboard.
AND!! I have a luvly juvly pile of doilies and linens to iron. I will enjoy this ironing as I contemplate the stories behind each one. Then store them in my doily cupboard. I'll show you another day.
It's Baily's time again! Luvly juvly!
Wow! It's been a marathon of posting today. I do enjoy it. It's more like keeping a journal, but one I am happy to share with whoever drops by.
Greetings to you all and blessings galore. Love, Trills.xx












No comments:

Post a Comment