Friday 20 February 2015

P.S.


Well I didn't get finished. I was interrupted so thought to save what I had done, but when I came back now and tried to carry on, it wouldn't oblige. So carrying on where I left off.
Over the recent months I had gathered some thrifter treasures that needed a good soak in bleach to clean them. So I set to with a large basin outside and group by group they were soaked and taken out looking much better. Then they were lined up by the sink for a wash. Here they are.

I'll just turn these little beauties around. See the sweet strawberry pattern. This set of spice jars, sugar and cream jug, and canisters, was snapped up quickly by yours truly when I saw them and saw that everything in this thrift store was half price. I KNOW!! 

And look! Do you see that little pot with strawberries on. I KNOW!! The same! I have had this, oh! It must be over 20yrs, as I remember bringing out here when we moved 1994. YEP!!
Strawberries are BIG! with me, so you can imagine how thrilled I was with this find.
And look! I KNOW!! From my little expedition in Mt Eden the other day. ITS A MATCH!! How super luvly juvly! I just have to find somewhere to put them.
But! Plans are afoot to put a shelf unit up here.
And I'm sure with a bit of juggling we can fit another one here.
I have them already, with paint, ready and waiting for my attention. Thrifty finds again. I did get as far as sanding this front one, but was interrupted by the concrete men, but that's another story.
Anyway back to the sink bench. You may have seen some green glass, and yes I need to find a place for that beautiful carafe and 4 little glasses. Then there is these wonderful pots thrifter for the bus. They have come up a lot cleaner from the soak. OH HAPPY DAY!!
Night-time arrived with another balmy evening, so after a simple tea and Graham Norton, I delighted in a late night Bailys on the veranda.
No moon this might, and not many stars, but I enjoy our sola lights.
And the swing seat. The sheet hanging behind it to Sade the sun, now that it's getting lower again, but still very hot.
Well, I hope that wherever you are, all is well and that there is joy aplenty in your days. Blessings and love, Trills.xxx












No comments:

Post a Comment