Sunday 15 February 2015

Dibble dabble doodling

Here I am Piper sitting in Mt Eden again while daughter on jollies. Just a short week, but I must have all my crafty needs to hand.

And I'm afraid to say, that when I land in her lounge with all my stuff, the room quickly comes to resemble a bomb sight. Those plastic bags are from today's shopping foray. You want to see?
OK!! You asked!

This little pile came from the local thrift store on Sat, five minutes after I arrived, well almost. A few doilies of course, a sweet little jug, the feathers are on a pillow case of heavy cotton which I immediately thought would make a good bag, or maybe two. And a few pretty cards.
Next please! Is from the dollar store where I popped in to get ideas for Kerry's big O!! Birthday coming up. The coloured metallic ribbon is for a secret mission for which I need a stapler. Can't find one here SI it will have to wait till I get home, and the scrap book for a drawing I had in mind following mindful thoughts yesterday. Can't find any colour pencils here either. Plenty of paints and other crafty stuff. Oh well, another mission on hold.
The pearls were the main thing I was shopping for, and I found them in Geoff's Emporium.

Along with a lot of other delishimos, like self adhesive fabric, linen flags, and vintage lace. As you can see, I am already experimenting.

Also from there, some yarn for the ripple blanket Jin has ordered for her birthday in July. And I am trying to stock up my general craft supplies, so you see paint rollers, and very useful sticks and things.

There was also a vintage shop with antiques etc. AB FAB!! MOUTHWATERING! Hold your bag close so you don't knock anything down, kind of place. Found a few small treasures. Doilies, green glass, and jugs.

This one goes with a set of containers waiting for another shelf installation so they can go on show.

This dainty little one made in what was Chechoslovakia. Sooo sweet, this will be added to my vignette in the spare room.

This book looked intriguing for me with my Saxon roots. A lot of old English, set in very old East Anglia.


The pearls were for this. I dabbled away with the plastic ring from around a jar and some bright yarn last evening. Decided to add a little heart, then thought a pearl at its centre would just finish it off. 

Now I have been digging around for other rings. As you can see, the green one has luggy thingys on it so not sure how it will turn out and can't find anything to cut them off. But the big white one is perfeck.

I think I'll try this humongous ball of gelato yarn found at the red shed last week.

Yes! Very gelato rainbow coloured, this one. Not sure?
I start by just double crocheting around till ring is full. No counting.

Round one done.
I had to finish the second round before I could explain. I started with a double crochet into first dc of first row. Miss one dc then four trebles into next dc. Miss one dc. Dc into next dc. And so on. As I didn't count the first round of dc, one can't be sure where it ends So I just fudge it, using any gap to form the loop of twenty chain, and I left a long tail in case I need it when attaching any centre decoration. Not sure whether to make a flower or use a crystal Angel I have at home. We'll see.

I will continue to dibble and dabble at the various missions to hand, like joining these squares that go back nearly two years.
Finishing the words on this first attempt at hoop art, started last winter.

Try to figure out how to mount my giant mandala in this hoop, found at emporium today.
Or rootle around in my blue suitcase and the numberless missions buried there.
Oh the joys of a crafter!

Meanwhile Piper is keeping a dubious eye on me from the window sill. She's not sure about all my mess, but all will be forgiven when I open the fridge for her dinner, and then she will curl up next to me in bed for the night.
Hope you are finding delights in your days, and many blessings. Love, Trills.xx





















No comments:

Post a Comment