Tuesday 27 May 2014

Morning glory


A glorious morning to all folks out there who might pop by. First of all I will go back a few days to a morning I woke early and was ready to start the day. As I opened the curtains I was treated with this wonderful show as the sun rose. I'll just leave you to enjoy.





And here comes the sun setting fire to the trees.

Now what is this. No not a chocolate log dusted with icing sugar. This morning was our second frost and June is still some days away.

But for us here, just South of Auckland this is a good frost.

The birdbath was frozen over for the second morning in a row.

Across the back paddock.

Even the ponga trees were dusted with frost. Being so low this area is usually the first to be touched.

I love this winter land scene.

Almost footprints in snow.

Delicious frosty leaves.

Everything is touched this morning.



The wonderful thing about a magical frosty morn is the glorious day that follows.

I'm so glad that yesterday I put the new electric blanket on our bed and also changed the summer cover for the thick minky one. 

It is so furry and cosy feeling and was very Wellcome last night.

Have I shown you these before. My friend Janet was getting rid of them so I put my hand up. 

She kindly gave them to me for Christmas. No they are not real embroidery, but pictures of the real thing.

But I think they look so real and so do other folks who study them closely before giving in. I love them and they look just right above our bed. 
Now I am going to end this post so I can begin another and take you to a Quilt show. So stay tuned. Blessings, Trills.xx











No comments:

Post a Comment