Monday 5 May 2014

The End

Yes the golden weather has come to an end.

A few days ago the clouds were performing a grand ballet.

Filling the skies in sweeps and swirls that were a delight for my eyes and heart.

The moggies were blissfully soaking up the warmth of our Indian summer.

Today, though, it was a different story. Casper was holed up on his blankie of the moment in the hallway.

And Emmy was in her possie on her daddies shirt in a corner of the bedroom.

The reason being this. A very grey, wet, dismal day had dawned. 

I ventured out to my studio where the view outside was just as wet of course,

But with the lights on the world around me brightened. Oh happy day! Can't garden and hand washing, Kerry has taken off for a couple of days on a mans errand down country, so my time is mine and this small world is also all mine. 

How supremely lucky I am to have this space and all that it contains. I have dug out a pile of bright fabrics I collected for a project. They are mainly Kaffe Fassett fabrics and I fancy a quilt for our bed for these darker days of winter. 

There is also this beautiful stick that I found beside a lake in the South Island and I have a vision of it hanging up with all sorts of lovely ditty things hanging from it. I call it my joy stick and have some ideas from Dottie Angel.

There's also a pile of op shop linens and doilies to iron. Where shall we start?
Meanwhile the rain falls and 

The cushions and blankets sit in a corner waiting for another sunny day.

Well, I dealt with one pile of ironing. It was actually quite pleasant pressing and smoothing the pretty embroidered table cloths and other linens.

As I sat in the lounge with my tea at lunch time I was drinking in the changing colours of the trees outside the window and I was drawn to pick up my russet blanket.

And so settled in for the afternoon for a hooky time,

And put on a DVD. I chose one of my Andre Rieu DVDs . He pops up on my Facebook quite often and I am  huge fan.

The beautiful ladies in their amazing gowns.

This was a Christmas one situated in a huge barn with snow all around and trees with real candles on the branches.

I know, our TV is old, but it does the job and I whiled a few hours away serenaded with beautiful music and scenery. I lovely antidote to the day outside.

Now, just a bright bouquet, courtesy of Facebook, to brighten your day. If the sun isn't shining where you are I hope you can make it shine within your inner world. 

Blessings and love, Trills.xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment